Thursday, December 11, 2008

Our first snow in Tennessee

So all this week it has been raining and the temperature finally dropped low enough that it started to snow. The kids were thrilled. After living in Texas for 5 years they are so excited to live in a place where there is a chance for snow.
By 7 o'clock there was at least an inch of snow on the ground. Lane and Riley couldn't get dress fast enough to go out. It took me a minute to remember where I had packed away the snow gear.
It took most of the snow in the back yard but they got enough to make a snowman. Riley keeps saying that this is her first snow ever. She had been to Utah 2-3 times in the winter but I don't think she remembers. It's been almost 3 years since we have been home for the holidays.


It's amazing how when you are a kid the cold doesn't seem to bother you. Lane and Riley stayed out for 1 1/2 hours playing in the snow. The only reason they came in was because it was late and I made them. I of course only lasted about 20 minutes!

I'm pretty sure the schools will be closed tomorrow. For those of you that live in a colder snowy state you will find that as funny as I do. 1 inch of snow calls for a SNOW DAY!

1 comment:

Montay said...

Wooo Hoo happy first snow day!!!!